Comparing clothes before buying more
Posté : 30 sept. 2026 07:38
My next wardrobe purchase will probably be a used autumn jacket, but I am struggling to make a sensible shortlist. Fit seems manageable with careful measurements; color is less clear when every seller photographs the jacket in a different room. Because returns are not always available, I want to reduce uncertainty before spending time on a visit or paying for delivery. The jacket needs to suit both jeans and charcoal trousers, since those are the pieces I actually use each week. I found a page about color analysis and would like to use the idea as a starting point for these comparisons. A well-styled listing can make almost any shade tempting, but I want to judge its usefulness with my own clothes. Is a daylight photo with a white object nearby helpful for comparing shades, or would you avoid relying on that? For an in-person visit, I could wear a familiar top and check the jacket beside something from my usual wardrobe. What would you check first when choosing among similar used jackets, assuming the condition and measurements are already acceptable?